- 1 can (540 mL) chick peas (garbanzo beans) drained
- 175 mL (3/4 cup) chopped onions
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) baking powder
- 4 mL (3/4 tsp.) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp.) pepper
- 2 mL (1/2 tsp.) ground coriander
- 1/2 mL (1/8 tsp.) turmeric
- 250 mL (1 cup) fine dry bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- buns (kaiser rolls, crusty rolls, hamburger buns...)
- condiments (ketchup, mustard, lettuce, tomatoes, sauteed onions...)
serves: 4 with two burgers each
- Throw chick peas into a food processor or blender and crush.
- Add chopped onions, garlic, baking powder, salt, pepper, coriander, turmeric, bread crumbs, and eggs and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 5 cm. (2 inch) balls) then place them on a greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten balls with a spatula or your hand. (the flatter they are, the quicker they will cook)
- Bake at 190 degrees celsius (375 degrees farenheit) for about 5 minutes or until patties have reached a medium brown.
- Place patties on buns and add condiments.
if you have a healthy recipe, send it to email@example.com