Canadian Education Online
he internet is full of interesting information for students, lesson-plans for teachers, and other invaluable resources. Here are lots of good Canadian websites out there to help educators bring their classrooms online.
- A "gateway to over 130 collections produced by young Canadians under contract to Industry Canada" Also has curriculum units. In English and French.
- Resources for educators with a Canadian perspective. Hundreds of lessons plans and thousands of useful links
- Canadian Children's Book Centre
- The Canadian Children's Book Centre is a national, non-profit organization founded in 1976 to promote and encourage the reading, writing and illustrating of Canadian children's books by supporting the Canadian children's publishing industry. Info. about Canadian Children's Book Week, how to get published, children's book awards, and other related infromation.
- Children's Literature Web Guide
- A very extensive website put together by D.K. Brown at the University of Calgary that compiles many resources related to children's literature: award winners, best sellers, activities for the classroom and links, links, and more links!
- MathMania provides on-line math resources for students,
teachers, and the general public with a large focus on problem
- Math Central
- A searchable database of math resources including notes, ideas, lesson plans, etc. that can be browsed by educational level, curriculum strand, or keyword.
- Canadian Sport - The Centre
- "The Canadian Sport and Fitness Administration Centre, Inc. The Centre is the official home of National Sport and Active Living organizations in Canada, both physically and now electronically. Over half of these organizations are already working with us to bring you up to date information about sport and active living in Canada."
- Bill's Aboriginal Links
- Links to aboriginal resources around the world.
- Stem~Net - Franšais
- Teaching and learning French resources (in French).
- Media Awareness Network
- "Offers practical support for media education in the home, school and community and provides Canadians and others with information and "food for thought" on our fast-evolving media culture. It's also a place where educators, parents, students and community workers can share resources and explore ways to make media a more positive force in children's lives." In English or in French.
- Child Find Canada
- Safety Information for Parents, Teenagers, Children, Professionals, Runaway Prevention Tips for Parents, Guarding Against Abduction in the Health Care Sector, and more.
- Dietitians of Canada
- Eat Well/Live Well, Nutrition Resources, Find a Nutrition Professional, Dietitians of Canada, Nutrition News & Dietitian Views, A Career in Nutrition, Research, and more. In English and French.
- Well Known People Who Happen to be Canadian
- Actors, actresses, artists, astronauts, athletes, authors, business, comedians, directors/producers, entertainers, journalists, musicians, scientists, etc..
- Canadian Education on the Web
- "The purpose of Canadian Education on the Web is to bring together everything relating to Canada and education that has a presence on the World Wide Web."
- Education Canada
- "Education Canada offers visitors the ability to quickly find and respond to educational employment opportunities anywhere in Canada."
- Canadian Homeschool Resource Page
- Homeschooling resources as well as answers to legal questions for Canadians.
- Indie: The Integrated Network of Disability Information and Education
- A large directory of disability information on the internet searchable by category or keyword search. In English or French.
- SNOW (Special Needs Opportunity Windows)
- "A project aimed at supporting educators of students with special needs. Our web site serves as a clearinghouse of practical resources and curriculum materials, as a place for educators to meet and share ideas, and as a place for educators to develop their professional skills."
- Canadian Space Agency's Space Resource Centre
- "The Canadian Space Agency's Space Resource Centres (SRC's) are dedicated to promoting science and technology from a space perspective."
Provides a wide range of information materials and resources about the activities of Canada and other space-faring nations to educators, students and the general public.
- Extensive resources for all the sciences. "ScienceWeb is a science and technology information service for the World Wide Web that focuses on Canadian activities..."
- World Wildlife Fund: Canada
- Information about WWF, related resources, and current campaigns. Also has a children's section. In English and French.
- Canadian Information by Subject
- "Canadian Information By Subject is an information service developed by the National Library of Canada to provide links to information about Canada from internet resources around the world."
- Large Canadian Roadside Attractions
- A growing collection of large Canadian roadside attractions, including some of the world's largest.
- Highlights of Canadian Collections
- "a broad survey of Canadian heritage represented in museums by collections of fine arts, ethnology, history, natural sciences, and archaeological sites. Twenty-nine museums have each selected 10 to 15 images from their collections and have provided a photograph of their institution. In addition to being used in this project, the images will be added to the National Inventories and to the Guide to Canadian Museums and Galleries."
- Prime Ministers of Canada: PM Educational Kit
- In addition to biographies and pictures of Canada's prime ministers, this site has lesson plans, student worksheets, facsimiles of archival documents and a board game.